Ah my sweet, being a skincare entrepreneur is the most magical adventure ever. There are days filled with excitement, days with nervousness, days with focus and days scrolling through insta for hours because you’re not quite sure what to do next. But, today I want to show you why you need to have days off to recharge and realign if you want your brand to succeed.
Why You Aren’t Taking Enough Time Off As A Skincare Entrepreneur
As a natural beauty brand owner / skincare entrepreneur, you’re pulled in so many different directions:
- Formulation creation
- Logistic dealing
- Customer care managing
- Social media making tasks
- …and it never ends.
You long for the time when you can delegate these to someone else, but right now, that’s just not a reality. ‘Life as a skincare entrepreneur!’ you sigh as you continue wearing all the hats (which at least match your outfit to absolute perfection).
So you keep pushing through, doing all the things and working every waking moment. After all, the more you work, the faster you get results, right?
The more you work, especially on things that don’t move the needle forward in your business, the closer you get to burning out. And… that’s a surefire way to stop your brand’s growth in its tracks (and flush your health down the drain).
So before all of this gets on top of you, book in your time off. I know it sounds absurd, but the benefits will outweigh any negative you can come up with. And this is why.
How Taking Time Off Can Help You Build A Thriving Beauty Brand
When you can give yourself space to dream, relax, breathe and let go, magic starts to happen.
When you take time off to recharge and realign, you…
- Start to feel more attuned to yourself and able to follow your unique vision for your business (instead of simply doing what everyone else is doing).
- Look at problems in the business with a new set of eyes and renewed energy
- Stop feeling stressed and anxious about things that used to throw you off.
- Gain focus, clarity and when you get back to your desk, you feel excited and ready to get going.
You see, when we take our head out of our phones, laptops and busy lives we lead, we can see what a wonderful magical world we live in and how lucky we all are to even be able to try and create a business in the first place.
Disconnecting from our business regularly allows us to slow down and be present in the moment. To appreciate the things we already have and celebrate our achievements with our loved ones.
We become grateful that we have a roof over our heads, food on the table and warm clothes when we feel cold. Snuggly beds that we cosy up in each night, phones to contact our family and friends on, and to connect with.
Heck, even access to the internet to read this article, hot showers, running water and endless cups of tea ready for us to drink.
So when you can take some time off, you start to look at the world and your brand from a place of possibility, fun and endless opportunities.
So book yourself some time out.
Everything works just fine when you unplug it and turn it off for a bit. So you need to do the same for you.
How To Make More Time For Yourself As A Growing Indie Beauty Brand
I know, I know. Talking about taking time off is great but how do you implement it? How do you actually make it happen without neglecting your responsibilities?
Ahh. Million dollar question.
But the answer is simple. You have to be intentional about it. Don’t leave it up to chance.
Literally schedule time off and respect it like you would a client meeting or order delivery.
Here are a few things you can do to take time off and follow through:
- Open your calendar and clear out at least one whole day where you won’t do anything work related. Preferably the entire weekend if you can, and if you want to take it further, take Friday afternoons off as well).
- If clients or potential partners can book calls with you, make sure they only happen on one or two days every week. Mark your calendar as unavailable on the day(s) you will take off.
- Make fun plans with friends or schedule activities for the days you want to take off. That way, if you feel tempted to change your mind and do some work, you won’t be able to because you already made those plans!
- Become very intentional about your business hours and days. Parkinson’s law states that the time it takes you to complete a task will expand to the time allotted to it. If you limit how much time you can spend on each task, you’ll complete it sooner and you’ll have more time to rest.
- Schedule the time off in your calendar or planner and think of what you’ll spend the time doing. You’ll be looking forward to it during the week and it’ll motivate you to stay focused while working!
Over To You! What’s Your Favourite Way To Take Time Off And Unplug?
Do you treat yourself to spa days? Or dinner out with friends? Just chill at home with a good book and hot cocoa?
Plan time off and fun activities ahead of time to guarantee you’ll get to relax and recharge before the new week starts. You’ll see how transformative taking care of yourself and stepping away from work can be for your focus, clarity and productivity!
Want To Be The Next Breakthrough Natural Beauty Brand?
The Glow Getter Collective is my exclusive membership for Indie Beauty Brands looking to grow to £5K/mo and beyond. As a member, you’ll get access to powerful trainings to help you grow your business, coaching calls to get all of your questions answered and a community of fellow indie beauty brands that ‘get it’.
- Join the waitlist to be the first to know when The Glow Getter Collective opens its doors to amazing brands like yours!